We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

8.26.2011

Artichoke and chickpea salad

Hi, WFDM! I have been cooking a lot lately and have several recipes to share. I've been delayed due to...shameless plug coming...my new blog. Megan encouraged me to have a cute tie-in, but alas, I just couldn't stretch this recipe to be about something dog-related. Oh well. Dogs dogs dogs!

Anyway, I got this great new cookbook called Vegan Yum Yum (based on the blog by the same name) and have been working my way through it. I am normally not really a fan of chickpeas, but I actually loved this recipe. So fast and so easy!

1 T. oil
1 15-oz. can chickpeas (or non-canned ones, obvi)
5-7 artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
1/4 to 1/3 c. sliced almonds
1 t. lemon juice
Salt to taste
Fresh chopped parsley

Heat the oil in a wok or cast-iron skillet. Add the chickpeas and cook on medium-high for 10 minutes (stirring to prevent burning) until they're golden brown. I deviate from her recipe a bit here and add the artichokes directly to the pan, along with the almonds. Cook until lightly browned, then remove, put it in a bowl, add the lemon juice, parsley, and salt, and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment