We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

1.23.2012

Michelle's Broccoli Quinoa Salad

My friend Michelle makes versions of this simple salad often, and I love it.  I can't stop eating it.  Seriously.  Good thing it is healthy!

1 cup dry quinoa prepared with 1.5c water
3 TBSP lime juice (I use more typically to taste)
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp salt
2 TBSP olive oil
1 medium cucumber - diced
1 medium tomato - diced
1 red pepper diced
a head of broccoli or two- chopped
1/2 to 3/4 cup cilantro -fresh and chopped finely
1/2 to 3/4 cup basil -fresh and chopped finely
feta optional

1. Whisk lime juice, pepper, salt, and oil in small bowl
(If it's too limey I may add some sugar to the dressing.  Also if I'm short on lime juice I add a little vinegar or Italian dressing to taste.)

2. Combine cucumber, tomato, pepper, broccoli, cilantro, and basil in large bowl (add feta here as well if using it).   Add in cooked quinoa and toss.

3. Add lime juice dressing and toss to coat.

Voila... chill and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment