We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

12.18.2012

Eggnog (paleo-ish)

I love eggnog - especially in my (decaf) coffee. I made some for the first time this week, and it is SO easy. I found several recipes online, but settled on this conglomeration of a few. I went ahead and used raw egg yolks, but there are plenty of recipes out there that heat the nog if you prefer.

For 2 servings:
4 egg yolks
1 c. coconut milk
1 c. heavy cream
1-2 T. honey (depending on your taste)
1 t. vanilla
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg

Blend egg yolks in blender. Add coconut milk and honey (my honey is the raw kind, so I have to heat it up with a little water so it is liquid!) and blend. Add vanilla, spices and heavy cream and blend for a couple of pulses (you don't want to whip the cream - it gets too fluffy).

Sprinkle a little nutmeg on top, and serve! You can chill it for up to a few days as well (probably longer, but I always drink it by day 2).

No comments:

Post a Comment