We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

10.11.2013

Dinner of Champions

Well, I am feeling some MN pride for the Lynx, who won the WNBA championships in an AMAZING game last night against the Atlanta Dream. I went and watched the game at the Riverview theatre (which was showing the game for free) along with about 600 other people. It was so great, it was like being at the game but with a much smaller crowd and I could see way better, and everyone was cheering together and it just felt really exciting. The Lynx have been playing incredibly during the play-offs: amazing teamwork and lots of passing among all the players on the floor. I've really enjoyed watching them. My fave highlight (that got the cheering riverview fans to their feet) was when Janel McCarville got a steal and made a bad-ass pass to Rebekkah Brunson between her legs:


The video doesn't show it, but after the basket, there is also footage somewhere of Cheryl Reeve, the head coach, pounding on the scorers table in an excited fervor! Ah!! I'll share one more video of the Lynx - another reason why I love them: their pre-game warm-up routine. It is from the Star Tribune and it won't upload here. You can watch it from this link though.

Really, I don't have any fabulous meals to post - I just wanted to share some Lynx fandom. Tonight I'm having a venison burger with fermented pickles and tomato slices from the garden, grilled onions and mayo. This photo is actually from awhile ago: burger with raw beet, carrot and arugula salad, and I'd make that salad if I weren't feeling tuckered out. I am calling this my celebratory Lynx dinner - why not?! Yay Lynx!

1 comment: