We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

1.01.2011

Milk Punch


So, I've been a little obsessed with smitten kitchen lately, I have to admit. When i saw this recipe last night, I couldn't resist. It's like an eggnog slushie but without the raw eggs. The recipe says to serve it once it's slushy, but I say that it's a little better when it's more frozen. Like a boozy boozy ice cream. But that's just me.

Here's the recipe, or you can click on the title above to link to the much prettier Smitten Kitchen version.

5 cups of a mixture of whole milk/half+half (I used a mixture of heavy cream and skim milk because that's what we had)
1 1/2 cups bourbon, brandy, or whiskey (I used Maker's Mark)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla

whisk all ingredients in a pitcher and freeze until slushy (3-4 hours) or up to one day.


5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you tried this. I think I'll give it a go later this week, although I'd like to rename it. I just can't reconcile "milk" and "punch."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the name kind of threw me off too. The name sounds pretty disgusting but it's actually delicious. We'll have to think of a new name. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made it last night and it's SO tasty! I think I'll just call it "boozy boozy ice cream" in honor of Gabie's original post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg! i tried some of kp's tonight. thank you gabie and smitten kitchen for bringing us this deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete