We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

1.10.2011

roasted maple cinnamon almond butter

Being a mega-cheapskate, I've never actually bought almond butter. Sooo, when I came across this recipe I thought I'd finally give it a try. It's SO GOOD. And SO EASY.
I doubled the recipe (link in the title) and got about 2/3 pint. Here it is:

Roast 2 cups almonds + 3 T maple syrup on 325 for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Take them out, let them cool for about 10 minutes, and transfer to food processor. Run, scraping sides as necessary, until it turns buttery (this will take awhile). Add 1 t cinnamon, some more maple, 1/2 t salt and some oil if you want a creamier texture.

1 comment: