We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

7.04.2011

Grilled corn with honey-ancho chile butter

This post is dedicated to Megan Holm.

Hi, WFDM. Sorry about not posting for the past several weeks (months?!). I haven't been cooking very much lately, and what I have been making has already been posted. Anyway, I recently made two discoveries that are very relevant to MH's interests: frozen kefir (delicious!) and spiced butters.

I had the latter while grilling at Jaime and Jacob's on Saturday (where I learn many things about food and cooking. Post, Jaime!) and made it again last night because it is just so damn good. I never feel this way about butter, which is partly why I'm so struck by this recipe...it's turned me into a butter lover! Yum. Make it, make it, make it!

(Oh, here's the recipe, courtesy of Bon Appetit.)

2 comments:

  1. OMG. Al, this looks amazing. Yes, more butter! I love how I am the poster child for full fat butter and cream, and now frozen kefir (yum!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee! I want to eat this with you!

    ReplyDelete