We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

7.28.2011

If Peter Piper pickled a peck of peppers...

Then how many peppers did Peter Piper pickle?

Go ahead, say it three times fast. Then pickle your own peck of peppers.

My banana pepper plant has been going, err, bananas this summer. Lucky me, since I LOVE pickled banana peppers on my pizza. I used the very official-looking recipe from the University of Georgia National Center for Home Food Preservation. Then I went and modified it, thus probably ruining all of the very carefully calculated ratios of whatnots to whoozits. I added another mystery pepper (larger, greener), omitted the celery seed (didn't have it), and semi-accidentally turned the jar on its side in the hot water bath. If you're still interested in coming
over for pickled pepper and pepperoni pizzas with some pretty persnickety pals, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment