We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

9.03.2011

Key Lime Kream Bars

This recipe is from a cute little cookbook called Ani's Raw Food Desserts by Ani Phyo (who has branded herself an "eco-lifestylist"). Oh my. Anyway, I'm excited about some of the recipes because they are so easy! (And very tasty.)

I cut this one in half because I didn't have 4 cups of cashews--it worked just fine.

4 c. cashews
1 c. lime juice
1/2 c. agave nectar
1/2 c. liquid coconut oil
1 c. water, as needed (I probably used 1/4 c. water)

Combine everything in a food processor (or high-speed blender) and process until smooth. Scoop the mixture into a pie dish and freeze until chilled. Cut into bars to serve.

Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment