We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

12.27.2011

Blueberry pancakes (gf)

Okay, I know I posted a pancake recipe already this month, but this one is better. I really think any gluten eaters would not even know that it was gluten free, and instead would wonder if it was whole wheat flour or some other really nice grain something. These are delicious!

And, they use some more of that dry curd cheese that I posted about last time, so this is another way to make use of that tasty substance (I have also been eating mine with some applesauce - yum).


This recipe is from Breaking the Vicious Cycle (that I referenced a couple of weeks ago). I have made it four times in the past few weeks because I thought I would never again have pancakes so amazing.

Makes 8 pancakes:
1/2 c. dry curd farmer cheese
4 eggs
1 banana
1 c. almond flour
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. baking soda
2 T. honey
3/4 c. frozen blueberries (optional)

Mix all ingredients up in a food processor. Stir in blueberries if using. Pour on a griddle or frying pan and cook on medium heat until edges are looking done and bubbles are popping in the middle. Flip. Serve! These are great with walnuts and apple sauce on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment