We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

12.14.2011

The Chilly Spider

Hi, WFDM!

Sorry to be so absent from this blog--I haven't been cooking that much "new" stuff, and I've been focused on my dog blog. (Shameless plug!) Also, I'm pretty sure that I started my last WFDM post like this. Ah well.

Anyway, "The Chilly Spider" is the name that my pal Caitlin and I gave a drink we (well, mostly Caitlin) concocted the other night. I rarely--if ever--deviate from a recipe, much less create my own, but Caitlin went for it and this is the result!

Some sort of fizzy water (we used a lemon La Croix, but I'm sure seltzer or tonic would be good, too)
Whiskey! (We used Jameson)
Ginger (we used powder, but fresh would undoubtedly be better/more flavorful)
Cointreau
Star anise (the spider!)
Agave nectar

Measure how you like (er, to taste) and mix it all up! Add ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment