We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

7.13.2012

Citrus and Spice Salmon

Citrus and Spice Salmon
-->

4 cloves garlic minced
3 shallots or half and onion, minced
2 TBL fennel seed, crushed or ground
zest of one lemon and one orange
juice of one orange and half a lemon
2 TBL chopped fresh Tarragon, or ½ TBL dry
1 TBL ground black pepper
2 tsp chopped thyme, or 1tsp dry
½ tsp cayenne pepper
3TBL oil of choice
salt
Combine all of the above in a bowl,
then place 1-2 lbs of Salmon filets in a baking dish (I use the amounts above for 1 lb, although the recipe says they are for 2-2.5 lbs, cause I like spice!)
spread mixture on top.

Bake covered for 25-35 mins, to your desired opaque-ness.
I have also grilled this skin side down outside with success, in case it is too hot to turn on the oven :)

I enjoy serving with mashed potatoes and a nice green veggie from my CSA box.
 Sorry I don't have any photos....

No comments:

Post a Comment