We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

6.08.2013

Summer Garden Update

The garden is coming along very well, considering the cold and rainy weather we have had so far.  The big bush in the back is the enormous rhubarb.  I don't have a way to eat any of it this year, but I am hoping to give some away to friends and neighbors.  It is a shame to let it go to waste.  
June 8th- the garden is looking green
The large section with the white blossoms is the strawberry patch.  There are a few tiny green berries starting to form, much to my excitement.  It won't be long until the first picking arrives!  The green beans are in front.  They are nice and hardy.  The two raised beds are new this year.  I have zucchini, spaghetti squash, carrots and assorted herbs in them.  The carrots took a long time to sprout up, but they are coming in little by little.  It is really sweet to see their little tufts appear.
I don't have a recipe today, but I am excited about my garden and wanted to share.  I am on the hunt for a fun new recipe to use when my strawberries arrive though.  It won't be long.  

Happy Summer!  

1 comment:

  1. Jane this is beautiful! Can't wait to share some harvest later on this summer. xoxo

    ReplyDelete