We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

4.14.2020

Ginger turmeric golden milk

I've been making this tea often over the past week. It feels soothing and comforting amidst these times of uncertainty and loneliness and confusion, especially during the cold spell and snow of late. Turmeric and ginger reduce inflammation, ease depressive symptoms, and boost immunity - this tea is just the thing right now!

This is how I make mine - adjust anything to suit your tastes. I don't strain this tea because I like having the chewy ginger bits as I finish my cup. It's a bit thicker this way, so you could also pour your tea through a tea strainer or mesh sieve. I've been sweetening mine with honey under the auspices that it helps my allergy symptoms! Which while technically true, I also like having some sweet in there.

Ginger Turmeric Golden Milk, makes 2 cups
3/4 c coconut milk (half a can)
1 1/4 c water
1-2" knob of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
2 tsp turmeric
pinch of salt
pinch of black pepper
1/4 tsp cardamom or cinnamon
1-2 tsp honey

Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer on low heat. The longer you simmer the more gingery the tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment