We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

7.22.2010

Parsley pesto

I love this blog!
Tonight I made parsley pesto, which I thought would be gross but turned out all right. Thanks for another quick and easy dinner idea, Mark Bittman (of course, I couldn't follow it exactly cuz I'm a rebel like that.)

2 c loosely packed parsley
1-2 cloves garlic
1/2 c olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
some walnuts (or pine nuts if you've got the money)
salt

I almost regretted adding the walnuts, but they do make the flavor a bit more interesting and thickened the paste to boot.
I think I'll try it with some pasta and veggies for work lunches this week.

1 comment:

  1. Today I added some sour cream, lemon juice and salt to the parsley pesto to make a dip for crackers. It definitely kicked the awesome up a notch.

    ReplyDelete