We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

3.04.2011

Chard and White Bean Stew

Lately I just want to eat greens non-stop. It is the getting-on-in-winter-need-for-dark-greens I guess. In this recipe I used collards and chard, though I have also been eating a lot of mustard greens. Yum. This stew recipe is a smitten kitchen concoction. It is really delicious with the poached egg on top and with a drizzle of good vinegar. I also added some lemon juice to the recipe, and more salt than she called for.

Incidentally...I started thinking about seed-orders and gardening this week! I am getting excited for a future of fresh herbs and veggies. In my recent interest in not consuming caffeine, I am looking at some herbs for sun-tea making! So we'll see what ends up in the garden...

No comments:

Post a Comment