We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

3.14.2011

Juice!

I got a juicer recently and am excited about trying out recipes for juices other than the ones I see at the Wedge. Anybody have any ideas?

Here are two I've been making a lot lately:

Morning juice
2 cucumbers
4-5 leaves of kale
4-5 leaves of romaine
1 small piece of ginger
1-2 broccoli stems (I love using these up!)
1-2 pears
4-5 stalks of celery
Whatever else I have on hand: some spinach, sprouts, etc.

Afternoon juice
1-2 lemons
4-5 carrots
1 small piece of ginger
1-2 apples

2 comments:

  1. yum - these look good. my fave juice is just carrots, ginger, and beet. i also have liked the spring cleaning sort of one: lots of parsley, apple, lemon...i can't remember if there is anything else in there??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, thank you! I haven't juiced any beets yet. I can't wait for farmer's market season!

    ReplyDelete