We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

5.02.2011

Honey Cake

Early this spring while working at the bike shop, I spied a flyer for BICYCLE-DELIVERED, LOCAL HONEY!!!?! After I got over the initial "yeah right, this is too good to be true" shock, I Interneted myself on over to http://thebeezkneezdelivery.com/ and ordered myself a jar of the finest (buckwheat) honey I have ever tasted. Ever. And I love honey.
A lot.

After polishing off (by the spoonful, straight from the jar) my first order, I started to think about all of the many wonderful things I could actually make with the next. I got another jar today and couldn't wait to try this honey cake I found on the Smitten Kitchen.

The recipe makes 3 loaves or 1 bundt cake or 2 loaves and 2 mini loaves, blah blah blah LOTS OF CAKE. I halved it, but as it happens it's perhaps a bit, err, tall in an 8-inch square baking dish. I'm over it because it's also a bit, err, DELICIOUS and MOIST (yeah, I said it).


In closing: Friends, bloggers, Internet trolls, PLEASE do yourself a favor and check out this honey. It's LOCAL, BICYCLE-DELIVERED, AND DELICIOUS. What more do you want?

2 comments: