We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

4.15.2012

Raspberry Bars

I don't bake too often, mostly because I really hate cleaning food mixers. Sometimes on Sundays I'll make an exception. Today was stormy and I felt a little homesick for my mom, so I tried one of the recipes she has been working on for a while. I believe that this recipe is a blend of a few from different gf cookbooks. These were pretty tasty.

Thanks to Megan and everyone else who has posted and inspired me in the kitchen.

Crust:
3/4 cups gf flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
pinch salt
6 T butter

Bake at 350 for 15-20 - until golden

Filling:
1 cup raspberries
6 oz raspberry jam


Topping:
7 T butter (soft)
3/4 cups superfine sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 cups shredded coconut
1/2 cups rice flour

Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.


1 comment:

  1. ooh - these look amazing. i had an ingredient sticker from "the best raspberry bar I ever had" (from some co-op in virginia) stuck to the inside of my bike helmet for years (thinking I would try to re-create it). i appreciate your moms efforts to mastermind her fave bar!

    ReplyDelete