We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

8.30.2010

Banana cream pie

My sweetie's birthday was on Sunday, so I made her this pie to celebrate. I found the recipe after googling "best banana cream pie" (yeah, I know, I'm sooo creative). This one looked complicated, and in things unfamiliar (like cream pies) I tend to think that complicated = tasty. Complete with homemade crust, vanilla pudding and candied whiskey walnuts, it turned out delicious. Happy 33rd, E.

1 comment:

  1. i don't want to go to the touble of making it myself but i'll gladly help you eat it anytime....so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete