We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

6.05.2011

Dad's Strawberry Daiquiris

Dad's Strawberry Daiquiris (makes 2ish)

1 & 1/2 C fresh or frozen strawberries
1/4 C frozen lemonade concentrate (or lemon juice + a few T sugar)
rum or 7-Up, if you're into the virgin kind (as much or as little as you like)
ice (enough cubes to make it slushy)

Blend it up and enjoy.


Summer when I was a kid meant icy-sweet strawberry daiquiris, fresh from Dad's blender. Whenever the occasion arose (company for dinner on the grill, an especially hot day, extensive begging from my brother and me), he would whip up a virgin batch for the kiddos, followed by a liquored-up batch for the adults. I can still remember sipping one from a blue-rimmed glass with a twirly straw, thinking I must be the luckiest kid in the world.
Truth be told, I still prefer the virgin kind, but other adults in my life tend toward the rummy version. You can choose your own adventure - just don't forget the twirly straw.

1 comment:

  1. oh those blue rimmed glasses!! i think i still have one somewhere if you want to fully recreate the memory! xo

    ReplyDelete