We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

6.08.2011

Rhubarb Popsicles


It may be no secret to some of my fellow bloggers that I have been pining for another rhubarb plant this summer. Well, I finally got one (thanks Butter Nut!) AND another friend allowed me to pick some of her already-well-established rhubarb. It's been too hot for me to be motivated to make a crisp lately, so I've been looking for other dessert-y, rhubarb-y options. Enter: rhubarb popsicles. I'll say it again. RHUBARB POPSICLES! I found this recipe over on food52 and decided to try it out on company tonight in lieu of crisp.
I snuck one out of the ice cube tray in the freezer and they're delightfully tart and creamy. Hooray for popsicles!

Ingredients
1/1/2 C rhubarb
1/2 C sugar (I used honey, and I would use less next time)
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/1/4 C whole milk yogurt

Cook down the rhubarb, lemon juice and sugar (honey) until it's tender and falling apart (10-15 min). Let it cool, then mix with yogurt and more sweetener to taste. Pour into popsicle molds, ice cube trays, or whatever suits your fancy. Freeze. Eat.

1 comment:

  1. so excited to try this recipe. i'm a little bit obsessed with rhubarb, if you couldn't tell from my multiple rhubarb recipe blog posts. also, i just found a recipe for a "rhubarbarita." yum.

    ReplyDelete