We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

10.09.2011

Almond Butter Flourless Cookies

These tasty gems are a mystery to me - mostly just almond butter, an egg, and honey. They aren't very sweet, which makes them a good snack mid-day. I added both chopped almonds and chocolate to mine (I didn't have choc. chips, so I chopped up part of a dark chocolate bar). I baked mine just until brown, and they turned out really soft. Next time I'll keep them in a bit longer to get a little crispy. But really - these are super good and nutritious.


Almond Butter Flourless Cookies (she says it makes 21, but I had 15) *Thanks to Shawn for posting the original recipe!

2 comments:

  1. i also had to cook them for longer. the first time i made them they were super mushy but i ate them anyway. for the 2nd batch i allowed them to become quite brown and they tasted just like regular ol choc chip cookies to me. anyway, glad you enjoyed them.. i think im going to make a batch tonight! i haven't had a cookie in donkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh- shawn! thanks for that note. i'll do that next time.

    ReplyDelete