We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

6.15.2012

Margarita - sugar free style

This weekend is going to be HOT again, which for me may mean some mid-afternoon scurrying to Lake Nokomis to jump in the lake and cool off, and some lounging in front of the fan while sipping cool beverages. Also, I have friends coming for the weekend, AND I have next week off. So, really, it is a festive feeling happening over here in my self.

With the heat and festivity, I am finding some yearning for a fizzy cocktail - of the alcoholic variety. If a person wants to be grain free, the only grain-free alcohol (besides wine and pure hard cider) is tequila. I haven't really been drinking much lately, but I had one of these last weekend and it definitely satisfied my need for a "cocktail" type experience. Paleo guy Robb Wolf created this recipe for the "NorCal Margarita" - it is a super simple recipe and tastes really nice and refreshing. It is a wee bit strong (I thought), so if you are after a pleasantly buzzy head, this will do it!

NorCal Margarita 
long pour of tequila (no need for top shelf stuff)
juice of 1 lime
soda water
ice

So by long pour I mean more than a shot, but less than 2 (I like el Jimador). Mix the tequila and lime juice together - in a shaker with ice, or just stir it up in your glass. Add some ice cubes, and top off with soda water to your taste bud liking. You can garnish with a lime too.

No comments:

Post a Comment