We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

2.29.2012

Eggplant Lasagna

This recipe is gluten and dairy free, so it is not the eggplant lasagna that you might first conjure in your mind. I actually think this recipe might be more like moussakka than lasagna. Which only means that by whatever name, it is delicious! I actually have felt questionable about eggplant in the past...the strange texture and flavor. In this dish though, the roasted eggplant tastes smoky and creamy and really good with the meaty sauce and spinach.

The original recipe has lots of step by step photos, whereas I seem to have snapped just a few. I ended up using some spicy sausage in place of the burger, which was super delicious, I used a bit less tomato, and I sliced my eggplant really thin. Next time I will use the thicker slice option on my mandoline, just to give the slices a little more heft.

No comments:

Post a Comment