We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

3.05.2013

Beef Liver Meatballs

I am always looking for new ways to incorporate organ meats into my diet, and these meatballs are a new addition that I like.  The liver taste is covered up fairly well by the ground beef and spices.  The more spice the better.

I took inspiration from a few different paleo recipes, specifically this one from primal palate.com.  I love the cilantro, it really adds a fresh and zesty element to the dish.  I paired them here with roasted carrots, but I really love to eat them with sautéed spinach.  You can wrap each meatball in a big piece of spinach and that helps to cut the liver flavor even a bit more.

Ingredients:
beef liver, chopped
ground beef
onion, chopped
cilantro, chopped
sea salt
pepper
garlic powder
cumin
paprika

Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  Form with a spoon or fork and drop into a roasting pan.  Roast at 350 for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.

Enjoy your dose of vitamin A!

1 comment:

  1. ooh- i love new ideas for how to eat liver! i just made rumaki (bacon wrapped chicken livers) last weekend that I'll post eventually. thanks for this idea.

    ReplyDelete