We are a collection of Minneapolis folks cooking, preserving, and harvesting local, seasonal foods. This blog-share is meant to inspire greater culinary genius, as well as continued local food invention. What are YOU concocting in that kitchen of yours?

4.30.2011

New food gadget

I'm usually rather frugal and resist large-footprint gadgets in the kitchen, but today I got pulled in. In between buying the lumber for our new raised garden beds and actually building them, E and I found ourselves dreamily wandering around Eggplant, an adorable St. Paul garden store. Right beside the Weck Jars (drool), I saw these.

I've been renting space in Megan's crock for over a year now, and it seems time I get my own (or at least contribute to the fermentation vessel collection). So WFDMers and fans, what do you think I should ferment FIRST? Another batch of sauerkraut? ginger? carrots? green beans? lemons?!

Make some suggestions, and get ready for the grand reveal in 1-4 weeks ...

2 comments:

  1. ooh!! i am excited! i vote green beans or kimchi. a new recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, yeah! Kimchi! It's on.

    ReplyDelete